Laurel Hill Coláiste FCJ
Meánscoil lán-Ghaeilge do chailíní i Luimneach

Stair an Choláiste / History of the School

Stair an Choláiste / History of the School

Where it all began!

The foundress of the Sisters Faithful Companions of Jesus, Marie Madeleine Victoire de Bonnault d’Houet was born in France in 1781. She was an apostolic woman who dedicated her life and resources to establishing the FCJ Society. Foremost among the tasks entrusted to her and through her to us, is the pastoral care and education of youth.

At the invitation of Brother Walsh, Superior of the Christian Brothers, the Foundress came to Limerick from Oughterard on the 5th. of September, 1844. With the Bishop’s permission, in the summer of 1845, she opened a day and boarding school in the property of Laurel Hill which she had purchased from the Newsom family. San bhliain 1935, nuair a bhí an Rialtas ag déanamh iarracht ár dteanga dúchais a fhorbairt, bunaíodh an ‘Scoil A’. Múintear na hábhair trí mheán na Gaeilge sa scoil seo.

Laurel Hill Coláiste FCJ, as we are now named, and Laurel Hill Secondary School entered the Free Education Scheme in 1967 and both schools expanded significantly. We no longer educate boarders since 1985. The FCJ sisters, the trustees of our school, have vested the management of the school in a Board of Management since 1997 and currently the teaching staff is entirely lay. September 2009 marks the beginning of another new era as the school enters the Le Chéile Trust.

Le Chéile: A Catholic School Trust

Faithful Companions of Jesus (FCJ)

Aib 06
2020
Saoire na Cásca
Bealt 11
2020
TY Taithí Oibre
Bealt 29
2020
Saoire an tSamhraidh
Leanaigí Sinn
03-Aib-2020
Easter message from Príomhoide Gníomhach / Acting Principal
03-Aib-2020
Easter prayers from the FCJ sisters
30-Már-2020
Today is the FCJ Bicentenary Day - Sr Teresa and Sr Geraldine have prepared special prayers for the whole school community.
Cnoc na Labhras, Luimneach, V94CR26, Éire.
061 313 636
Uimhir Rolla: 64270P
© 2020 Laurel Hill Coláiste FCJ